30 January 2009

The one that started it all...

The following actually happened and is the story that inspired this blog. It happened a couple of years ago now but the story is still worth telling...

One night whilst walking home from a friend's house, my route home took me down a quiet side road behind a parade of shops. To one side of the road is a walled car park for a funeral directors. On the wall next to gate is a sign with the name of the business. As I turned into the road, a small car pulled up in the layby in front of the gate and two lads and two girls got out. So far so normal.

However as I walked closer I noticed that they were taking out from the boot of the car an ironing board, some clothes and an iron. One of the lads then climbed up on top of wall and was passed up the ironing board and iron. This was then set up above the sign. The other lad then climbed up with him and the two of them pretended to iron whilst the two girls took photos. Mission accomplished the two guys climbed down, the car was repacked and the four of them drove off. Now I've heard of extreme ironing but still...

If by any chance one of those four people happen to read this I'd love to see the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment